Friday, October 3, 2014

Swim, Bike, Run, Inspired

So, I last left you with a rather wandering post about what's been going on inside my head---this time I'm going to get back to a swim, bike, run post--well, sort of.

Good news is, I'm back to doing all three!  In one of my timed writing sessions (no, this post won't devolve into one of those posts again, well, not entirely) I recently wrote the words "inspired by."  So I'm bringing to you some of the places I've experienced recently through swim, bike, run.  I've been running without music or with podcasts for the last year or so.  One of the podcasts I listen to regularly always ends with an assignment/message--my message today is get outside, embrace the beauty of wherever you are, soak up the sun and the clouds.  Be grateful...



Volunteering at the Portland Triathlon--giving back to a sport that has given me so much

Hiking with a friend

On the way down from said hike with a friend


Exploring the world on two wheels--soaking up the sun


Feeling small next to giants

Experiencing a real life version of Fern Gully

The ocean--my happy place

Traveling for work with views like this makes long days completely 100% worth it