Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tips Tuesday: A New Series

Welcome to Tips Tuesday!

I know I know I have tried to stay on top of blog series like "Three Things Thursday's" and at one point there was a "Friday Favorites" going on here but unlike those sporadic series this one has been well thought out.  I'm also being realistic, some months I may only post one Tips Tuesday, others I may have one for you every week but know that this is something I intend to keep up on a regular basis and already have several ideas brewing!

As I have mentioned more than once on this blog, I am pursuing my USAT Level I coaching license this year.  I'm working with some great people right now and am trying to hone in on what it means to be a coach, how to work with athletes of all abilities and what's the best way to effectively communicate with your athletes.  As I learn things along the way this year I thought it would be a fun idea to have a place to share some of my thoughts.  So...Tips Tuesday was born.

My plan with Tips Tuesday is to bring little coaching snippets to all of you readers.  Sometimes this will be a specific workout (yeah, free workouts people! Actually most of the posts I intend to write out some type of workout to go with post topic), sometimes it'll be a lesson on communicating with your coach (or athlete for you fellow coaches out there), maybe a tip here or there on motivation, maybe some thoughts on "the basics" (as simple as "how to properly read a swim workout"---that's a topic in the hopper already), etc.

Here is a quick list of some of my initial topics:
"How to Read a Swim Workout"
"Drills, drills, drills...swimming more efficiently"
"A New Twist on Track Sessions"
"Trainer Madness"
"Calming the mind: Learning to run without music"
"The Feedback Loop: Providing feedback to your coach and questions to ask them"
"What the heck is functional strength training?"
"The other side of a injury recovery---mental recovery"

So, those are just some topics that I had in my head but I really want to hear from you...what topics are you interested in?  I'm also hoping to secure a guest post or two from some of the more experienced coaches out there (luckily I know a few!).

Thoughts on this idea readers?  And, what do YOU want to hear about in my Tips Tuesday series?  

Leave a comment.
Email: ambitiousalisa@gmail.com 
Find me on Twitter: @dunlapa
Find me on FB: Alisa Houghton Dunlap