Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Off I go...

As you read this I’ll be getting ready to head to the airport to get on a plane heading for Arizona—EEEEEEEEEEE! 

There really isn’t a need to post any goals for this race, my one and only goal is to finish.  I have 17 hours with various cutoffs for the swim, bike and run.  This is honestly one of the only races I’ve gone into not caring about a race time.   It's also one of the only races I've been nervous about not finishing.  However, I trained, I know I did everything I could to get myself to that finish line and if I’m the last place finisher, all the more cheers for me! LOL.  

Of course I have given thoughts to pace predictions but it really is just a guestimate…
swim: 1:30 – 1:45 (depends on how I handle ALL THOSE PEOPLE); 
bike: 7:30 – 8:00 (It depends on the course conditions and any mechanical issues but let's be honest, I'm not a very speedy cyclist AND 112 miles is a freakin' long way to go!  I will be thrilled to be under 8 hours.); 
run: 6:00 - 6:30 (who knows?!?! I believe with my training I could run a sub-5 hour standalone marathon but at the end of THIS day I have no idea how it’s going to go!); 
throw in ~30 minutes for transitions and there you have it! 


Pie in the sky, I'll finish under 16 hours BUT at the end of this very long day it’s sub 17 hours that I REALLY care about! 

My bib number is 724.  For tracking, I use the “irontrac” app but there is tracking online, I think it is set up the day before the race however, it is notorious for crashing midrace, it is definitely not Rev3 live tracking. 

I’m leaving social media in the hands of my Mr. Pi, my family and friends there cheering me on.

Thank you to those who have sent me well wishes already, I really appreciate it!   I have a TON of personal thank you's to do but I'm saving that for it's own special post.

I will mention my great sponsors that helped get me through training--Thank you to: Rev3, Pearl Izumi, Quintana Roo, SBR Sports, Blue Seventy, PowerBar, NormaTec!

I’ve trained; I AM ready; bring it!