Thursday, August 29, 2013

Rev3 Maine: Pre Race Report

Rev3 Maine was in a word, Great!  My trip to the east coast was amazing and I'm so glad that I was able to go.  I needed to see Boston again and walk the streets I used to walk when I lived there and see my friends from school.

Here is the pre-race report...

I left Portland on a redeye Thursday night, dressed in my compression best.  I was very nervous about flying after my DVT but the doctors assured me I would be fine.  They told me to stay hydrated and get up and walk around as much as possible.  So, that's just what I did, which meant I didn't get a lot of sleep.  Le sigh!



Friday morning I arrived and my friend A picked me up and off we went.  We went back to her apartment for a short while and then, in an effort to stave off jet lag and my attempt to acclimate to east coast time zone, off I went for a day of sight seeing.

I saw ducks

And frogs.

I walked the freedom trail

My heart sank as I walked past the Boston marathon finish line: Boston Strong...Boston truly is strong!

Naturally, after I walked across the finish line, I went for a run along the Charles.  No music, no garmin goals, just a lovely run along the river.


My views.

Eventually I rested my legs.


Friday was a FULL day...at about 8pm I called it a night and slept like I have never slept before.  I knew I was going to be up early for my trip north to Rev3 Maine Old Orchard Beach.