Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Happy New Year Everyone!  

I spent NYE ringing it in with my besties in Bend.  There was snow shoeing and hot tubing it was all around great!  I might get to a 2012 recap, I might not...I probably will but who knows when...

Here are some pics from the weekend!





Of course, around 11:00 pm the conversation went around the table about resolutions.  I personally don't like resolutions, don't get me wrong I love GOALS, I set those all the time; however, resolutions, eh. So when it got to my turn, I said, "you all know I have only one goal this year."  My friends have been super supportive of my decision for 2013; what is that decision. Well, I have deemed 2013 the year of...




What do all these items have in common?

Triathlon of course. 

2013 is going to be an epicly amazing journey of triathlon.

In addition to continuing to be part of the Rev3 Age Group team again in 2013-YAY! 

My Teamies are the best.



 Go HERE for a full list of other Rev3 events.

My BIG goal for the year is tackling my first full 140.6 miles of pain/pleasure!  That’s right, on November 17, 2013 I’ll be toeing the line at IM Arizona, ready to complete 140.6 miles in the desert.


My one goal for 2013...finish IMAZ with a smile!

While I am beyond excited to see what my body can do, I’m also very very very very scared.  This is just a small set of things I’m terrified of for race day and training:

-The number one thing I think most people are scared of…not being able to finish.  I don’t care if I’m the last finisher on race day I just want to finish.
-Getting pummeled during the swim and freaking out (I am a good swimmer but the IM “washing machine” is scary.)
-Riding my bike for 112 miles!
-Riding in aero (yes, this still makes me nervous.  I feel like I just got Luc, which is true, I got him in September 2012.  It’s going to take some getting used to.)
-Not seeing my husband and friends very much (My plan to combat that fear--- incorporate them into my training as much as possible! AND carve out specific times when I can hang out with them uninterrupted by training.  This may mean early weekend mornings to get in training before spending the day with Mr. Pi or friends but I’m willing to make sacrifices as I value my husband and my friends too much not to.)
-Hitting burnout
-Not training enough and/or equally as scary over training! (My plan, I’ve hired this lady to help guide me through the craziness of training.)
-Having enough mental strength to power through training (or race day) lows
-Riding in the rain (likely I will encounter this sometime during training, I live in Portland afterall.)
-Flat tires (practice, practice, practice)
-Taking myself too seriously (smile and laugh, smile and laugh…be goofy)

Yup this is my small, yet growing list of things that are freakin’ me out! Iron-readers please help me out here…tell me all my fears will eventually subside or at least lessen.



Here’s to an epic journey in 2013!