Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012


Mr. Pi and I spent Christmas in California with our families.  As per usual, it was a great trip, too short of course but lots of fun to see family (and be spoiled rotten =)).  We were nervous reading the weather reports before we left but our weather ended up not being that bad, even sunny in some spots.

Christmas morning was as always, a great-even Zoey got spoiled.

Mr. Pi's Mom's Tree in the top left, our tree bottom right, Zoey! and some of the Pi family on Christmas morning on the right

We did have an unfortunate very non-Christmas spirit thing happen to us.  Our car was broken into the day before Christmas Eve while Mr. Pi was parked at a trailhead.  We were super duper lucky nothing got stolen and all we had was a broken window.  Certainly not what we wanted for a Christmas present but in the grand scheme of things it wasn’t bad at all---nothing was stolen and no one was hurt.

I got in some good sweat time with my Dad, which is something I always look forward to.  My Dad is in amazing shape and always pushes me in our workouts.  I’m still not running due to the tibial tendon/ankle/Achilles issue.  However, I am pretty much back to normal so I’ll probably start running again after the first of the year.  I’m trying to be really careful and make sure I’m totally healed before I start up again.  I have big things planned for 2013 and definitely do not want to start the year injured.

I bought two of these shirts from Ali and wore them at the gym in CA and got lots of "that shirt is awesome."

Before we went to CA, my good friends and I had our annual secret Santa exchange over wine and with a naked lady party thrown into the mix.  This group of girls is amazing, they are like my sisters and I’m so lucky to have them in my life.  We also know each other very well.  For example my secret Santa, miss Gazelle got me an amazing assortment of goodies, including: a triathlon ornament!, a workout tank top which has a hidden message on the back that only shows when you’re sweaty---how awesome is that?!?! and, a book called “Fifty Shades of Chicken”—which is a cookbook full of chicken recipes cooked by half naked guys with titles like “learning to truss you,” “mustard-spanked,” and “dripping thighs.”  How awesome is that gift!?!

The rest of 2012 should also be filled with fun stuff, we leave for Bend on Sunday for New Years.

Hope you have all had a good holiday and cheers to a Happy New Year!