Monday, November 26, 2012

My Favorite Holiday

Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday.  I love turkey and pumpkin pie.  I also love the idea of a holiday centered around food and giving thanks (yes, I know, that the inspiration for Thanksgiving isn't exactly those things but the modern day version is just that...at least to me).  Here are some pics of our feast!


We were fortunate to have some of my family, some of Mr. Pi's  and friends here to help us celebrate!  It was great to blend of friends and family.  Lots of cheer, great food, wine and company!

Another reason I love Thanksgiving is, the day after I get to put up Christmas decor and listen to non-stop Christmas music.  Having family here to help us decorate was a special treat.  I don't think we have ever had family here to help us decorate for Christmas.  A few favorite ornaments.  I love specialized or personalized ones.  I started buying an ornament when we travel.  It's a great souvenir that will actually get used.


Thanksgiving weekend wouldn't be complete without two other things...Black Friday shopping, Pi-style! & Lots of turkey-burnin' sweat sessions.


The day after Thanksgiving instead of hitting the mall we took the family wine tasting.  Our favorite winery was having a warehouse sale so we got to taste and purchased some tasty bottles for later celebrations.


Turkey burn!  Between Wednesday and Sunday I fit in some great sweat sessions on the road, on the trainer and on my mat.  I spent time sweating it out with friends Thanksgiving morning for our own turkey trot which had a multitude of distances from the "wing" to the "turducken."  I spent several quality hours on my mat at corepower and loved every sweaty second of it.  I also got on my trainer for the first time in a long while, it was great to reconnect with Luc!

All in all, a PERFECT long weekend.



6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of buying an ornament on vacation as a souvenir. I used to collect Santas and I got one on vacation that I love. It's my Nantucket Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! I like having people over for thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfect! I love your "Alisa" wine glass!

    We do personalized ornaments on our tree too. Every one has a meaning to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! Nice to see the Christmas decor and listen to non-stop Christmas music.

    resveratrol side effects

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my kindred holiday twin! Thanksgiving is my favorite, too, because it is really all about the people you spend it with and it segues into the Christmas season!

    I also love ornaments with meaning. I am not a fan of trees with matching all-the-same ornaments. I love ones with a hodgepodge of all sorts of things, each with its own story. We've been buying ornaments as souvenirs for years now, too, and I think it is the best thing to get because every year you look at them and remember all the trips.

    This year I started photographing all the new ornaments on the tree and I'll make that a new tradition as well. Then at least I can remember the year we got them decades down the road. It is also fun to recap your year through the ornaments you got :)

    ReplyDelete