Thursday, September 13, 2012

One Last Tri


I thought my last race of the season was going to the AmicaOly Tri but then I was reading several of teammates blogs, including race reports from Rev3 Maine (also known as "holy shit" by this guy!) and Cedar Point (read, Kelly's first 140.6 RR, the short version)… and I got an itch to do another race...  

I’m super duper excited that I’ll be flying south to ATL to meet up with Colleen where we will make our way to Anderson, SC for Rev3 Anderson!  I love the hot air balloons in this header!


I’ve been to SC before, once, with Mr. Pi we spent one night in Charleston.  However, I’ve never been to Georgia so I’m pretty excited that I get to cross another state off my list!  I’m also very excited to hang out with my teammates again, ever since Rev3 Portland I’ve been itching to hang out with the family.  That sounds cheesy and cliché but the Rev3 team is really a family.  We are supportive of each other, we keep up with each other’s lives from afar, like so many families.  Anyway, I’m super excited about this race!

Which race am I doing?  I briefly considered doing the half distance but with my new bike, which I love but am still getting used to, and the hassle of flying with my bike I decided maybe I’d put the call out to my teammates about doing a relay!  So, Team Patten Pending was born.  I’ll be swimming my way through 1.2 miles and handing over the chip to Holly, who will bike her booty off for 56 miles and then lastly, Alex will finish with a strong 13.1 miles.  I’m pretty excited about the relay and getting to cheer for not only my relay team but all the other teammates racing!

One thing is for sure, I need to step up my swimming game!  I’ve been enjoying: running (5 milers are now my favorite distance), riding my new bike! (who's name I think is going to be Lucifer Lucero and "Luc" for short)...



going to yoga and hitting the weights rack at the gym but my swimming has definitely tapered off.  Luckily, it doesn’t take me too long to get back into so, with that said, I’ll be hitting the pool more regularly and stepping up my game so I can start the team off strong in Anderson!

I am super excited to be racing one last time with the family this year.  See y'all in Anderson!