Thursday, August 2, 2012

One Thing Thursday


This is going to be a one thing Thursday…Reflecting.  After my BIG race of the season was cancelled, I sorta kinda substituted last weekend’s race for that race.  As you know, last weekend was a really good day for me.  One of those days where afterwards, all I could think about is “what’s next?”  This week, I’ve been reflecting a lot on what went right this year and what I still could use some work on.  I also looked back at the goals I set for the year.  Let’s see how I’m doing.

1. Believe in myself. –Work in progress.  I am getting more confident but I think I need to think about this one more often.  I’ve done some amazing things this year and I should be super proud of those things.

2. Finish the basement project!  --DONE!  We finished with the help of my Dad in January.  We even have some furniture.

3. Be an amazing party planner. –I’d say this was a success.  I threw two pretty amazing baby showers and both of my friends now have beautiful babies.

4. Finish my second 70.3! –This isn’t going to happen this year unfortunately due to my race being cancelled however, I am confident that I could have finished my second.

5. Make one new PR this year.  –SUCCESS!  I think I’ve done this a couple of times.  First, with the Portland Bridge Swim and last weekend where I PR’d my Olympic distance by 17 minutes.

6.  Have an amazing experience being part of Team Rev3! –BIG BIG SUCCESS!  Team Rev3 is amazing.  I have met some incredible athletes and feel so lucky to have made this team.

7. Go to Europe.   –Also, not happening this year but is likely to happen next year.

8.  Go to a C3 class at CorePower. –I fell off the yoga wagon during heavy training but am going to be picking it back up so I think there is still hope for this goal.

9. Cross one thing off my life list. –I crossed off a couple of things.  I stayed up all night during the Rev3 Run Across America and I swam OVER a 5k at the Portland Bridge Swim.

10.  Swim a 5k.  –SUCCESS!  I swam 4 miles in 2:04 at the Portland Bridge Swim—hell yeah!

11. Be less anxious.  –Working on it.

12.  Push myself out of my comfort zone. –Getting there for sure.

So, what is next for me?  I’ve been toying with many different things but I think the main thing I want to focus on going into the fall is establishing a routine that allows time for other things, like spending more time with Mr. Pi, seeing my friends, trying new recipes, etc.  I think this means turning the dial back a little on the intensity of training but still pushing my body.  I want to work on strength training and keeping my endurance at a decent level.  I think one thing I learned from this year’s training cycle is starting with a good base is key.  While I don’t necessarily see myself doing super long weekend workouts both days I do see myself keeping my fitness level up.  I have lots of thoughts for events later this year and next year but for the time being I want to maintain the awesomeness that I have built over the last year!