Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's Thursday and it's JUNE!


How did it get to be June already? And June 7th no less. Nuts!  June is also known in Alisa terms as THE BUSIEST MONTH EVER.  I’m bucking the trend on 3 three Thursday because I have too much to say instead I'm going week-by-week through June.

1.  Last weekend, I hosted Jen’s baby shower, where I proceeded to take 0 actual pictures during the shower but I know a bunch of other people did including Jen and Zach---I’m sure she will post some!  I did take a couple of the shower set up.
Crafting Table to paint these...

Mini bird houses for the nursery

We had to improvise throughout the day as typical of Oregon this time of year it would be sunny then it would POUR!  All in all, the day was a huge success and I think everyone enjoyed themselves especially the parents-to-be.

Still on last weekend…Last Sunday I also did my first race of the season—the Hagg Lake Open Water Swim.  I did this race two years ago with Kristen.  It was just as cold as it was that year….brrrr!  I finished the 1.2 mi distance in 40 minutes.  Not my best time but given that I got trampled in the first 200 meters and had to stop to find my goggles, I’ll take it. I loved my new wetsuit from BlueSeventy, I felt like I didn't really have to kick at all, kinda awesome!

After swimming, my friend C and I rode a couple of loops around Hagg, my garmin said over 1700 feet of climbing for about 24ish miles!  Not gonna say how long it took, but it was AWHILE.   After hills we hit the flats for another 20 miles.  It was a long but rewarding day.
Me post swim, pre bike

Cool water bottle we got from the race

2.  THIS weekend my REV3 teammate Zody and Erin are coming to town.  Zody is coming up from San Diego and Erin from Washington.  It’s going to be great!  I am racing my first sprint tri of the season at Blue Lake, Zody is racing the Olympic distance and the three of us are hosting a TriSlide Pit at both races.  

What’s a TriSlide Pit you ask?  TriSlide, made by SBR Sports who is one of the amazing REV3 sponsors, is spray on anti-chafe!  I slide myself up in many locals including my wetsuit neckline, my feet, my inner thighs and my sports bra line.  I’m excited to expose more people to this great product and to hang out with my teammates and have my husband cheer me to (hopefully) a new sprint PR.

3.  NEXT weekend I am running a half marathon with my sister-in-law.  It will be her FIRST half marathon.  She’s put in the training and I can’t wait to spend 13.1 miles celebrating with her.  Our goal is to finish with smiles on our faces.

4.  The weekend AFTER NEXT, is the annual whole Pi family vacation (all 20+ of us).  This year we’re hitting the road to Lake Tahoe.  I’m excited to see the family and make the trip a little mini training camp for myself.  There are miles of road to run and bike and plenty of lake to swim in (BRR).  I also get to see my Dad for a bike ride mid-week, it’s going to be GREAT!

And that ends my June…told ya it was a busy one!  July is shaping up to be a busy one too with REV3 on July 8th and my birthday later in the month.  

There is still time to sign up for REV3 Portland, here is an article I wrote on the race: http://blog.oregonlive.com/runoregon/2012/05/revolution3_triathlon_7812_by.html