Oh the Christmas wishlist. As we close in on the last 12 days before Christmas I thought I'd share some wishlists and fitness favorites!
As kids many of us wrote down toys, crayons, legos and maybe a pony or two. As adults some of us write down practical items and some of us write down our favorite indulgences. My wishlist is usually a bit of both! This year I had some practical items on the list: home depot gift cards, new dish towels, a shoe rack…and some indulgent items: Uggs (or ugg-like shoes, I’m not a brand snob on this one just something cozy), work clothes/gift cards, waterproof MP3 player.
The holidays are a great time to give the gift of fitness. Many people are gearing up for a New Year’s resolution or two. I for one am firm believer in goal setting, why not help them reach their fitness goals. Here are some of my fitness favorites:
For the swimmer--
1. Gift Card to Swimoutlet.com. Great place to buy swimsuits, goggles, caps, fins, pool buoys, etc. The site carries lots of name brands and some discount off-brands.
2. Tri-Swim products! I LOVE my Tri-Swim body wash. It’s the best product out there to get rid of that chlorine smell. There is also shampoo, conditioner and lotion! Your swimmer won’t be sorry.
For the cyclist—
1. Chamois butter. This stuff keeps cyclists of both genders happy on long rides. If you don’t know what it is google it.
2. Bento box. Bento boxes are easy to find at your local cycling store, outdoor sports store (like REI) or online. I got my PINK one on Amazon. Bento’s are great for rides of any length—for long rides you can store extra food and for short rides it’s a great place to keep a camera, your cell phone, a wallet, etc.
For the runner—
1. Nike Tempo Track Shorts. It’s no secret that I LOVE my Nike Tempo Track Shorts. I probably have at least half a dozen pairs in multiple colors. They are lightweight, they don’t ride, they come in fun colors and they aren’t that expensive, I can find them at the local Nike outlet store for under $20.
2. Headsweats hats/visors. Both Mr. Pi and I have headsweats hats/visors. Their products are lightweight, breathable and sweat wicking.
For the yogi—
1. Punch card for their favorite yoga studio. Yoga studios can be expensive so why not help out your yogi by giving them the gift of classes.
2. Yoga mat bag. Yoga mats can be a hassle to carry to and from class, they can unroll and become unwieldy. Yoga mat bags keep your mat in check and usually have a strap so you can throw your mat over your shoulder. I got mine on Amazon, there are a plethora of colors and types out there, do a little searching and you’ll be sure to find the perfect one for your yogi.
For the gym go-er—
1. Gym bag. It’s no secret that I love going to the gym. I like the classes and the option to workout indoors if the weather isn’t cooperating. I also cart a bunch of crap to and from the gym. If I didn’t have a good gym bag it could be a hassle. There are TONS of gym bags out there. I know places like Ross, TJMaxx, Marshals usually have good low-cost options. If you want high-end and a large selection sporting goods stores will carry bags and places like Lululemon have really high-end tote bags.
Also applicable to most of the categories above is race registration. Signing up for a race is one way I stay motivated!
Now that you’ve read about my wishlist and suggestions for your fitness freak be on the lookout for my GIVEAWAY coming to the blog this week!