I went back through my blog archives to find my 2011 year long goals and realized I never really made any for the whole year. I think this may be the first year that I didn’t make any specific year-long goals. I did do monthly goals so we’re going to roll through Dec 2011.
1. Make wreaths. (Spoiler, didn’t happen in November).—SUCCESS! I made about 6 wreaths.
2. Get in the holiday spirit.—SUCCESS! The little tree Mr. Pi brought me really lifted my spirits and from then on it was all Christmas music and CHEER.
3. Start basement project!—SUCCESS! We have bought supplies and prepped the space.
4. Christmas cards?—FAIL! I’ve decided if these aren’t in progress or done before Thanksgiving I’m not going to do them. Things get too busy.
5. Continue return to running plan.—SUCCESS! I’m up to comfortably being able to run 4 miles and have done as many as 5 (with a walk break).
6. This is going to sound cliche and also super hard to do in December but start losing weight.—SUCCESS! Starting the Paleo diet was actually a good thing. This is the first time in a long while that I lost weight over the holidays. Not a ton but about 3.5 lbs.
7. Keep Mr. Pi's gifts a surprise.—Half SUCCESS! He did end up guessing a couple of them. I tried.
8. Continue going to yoga.—SUCCESS! I am still loving CorePower.
9. Plan out my 2012 season!—FAIL! I haven’t really planned my season yet but I have races in mind. For me, “planning” only fully counts when you’ve pulled the trigger and registered.
10. Create a "build" plan in anticipation of #9. Part of my build plan is #6 but I also want to have some good base mileage and yardage before I start "real" training for my upcoming 2012 races.—Mostly SUCCESS! I have my 8-10 build plan but I need to actually start writing down specifics.
11. Stress less.—Work in Progress!
12. Limit my netflix watching.—Mostly SUCCESS! I didn’t have a lot of time this month to watch a lot of Netflix.
2011 was a year of some ups and downs. I started the year with the Goofy Challenge and had a blast. By mid-spring I was injured and through summer at a low point with the BOOT. However, I rebounded and am finishing the year strong.
2012, I am ready for you! Bring it!