Turkey Trot: I, like many of you, spent Thanksgiving morning turkey trotting. There were several of Mr. Pi’s brothers and sisters and our nieces and nephews trotting along with us. Since I took 4 months off from running and have only been running again for about 4 weeks I didn’t have any lofty goals for this race other than to have fun. I finished in 31: 33 which is about a 10:20 avg. certainly not fast but I’ll take it. Mr. Pi was the impressive finisher—13th overall and 2nd in his age group with a time of 18:52! Speedy!!!!!!! One of my brother-in-laws took some photos for us however, blogger says I’m out of photo space. Anyone run into this issue? I’m considering moving to wordpress, thoughts, advice?
Trails: On Saturday, my sister-in-law and I went for a trail run in Upper Bidwell Park in Chico. I’ve only been trail running a few times here in Portland in the famed Forest Park. While Mr. Pi and some of my other friends love it, it’s never really been my thing. However, I didn’t want to pass up an opportunity to run with my sis-in-law so off we went. In hilarious trail running spilt fashion I think our splits were something like 11:30, 15:12, 13:40, 11:10. Again, I have photos but can’t upload them at the moment, such a bummer!
Thanks: I am so thankful for the wonderful family I was born into and the amazing family I married into to, I am truly a lucky girl. I’ve updated my thankful page on the blog with my thanks for last week. I’m really glad I took this challenge; it was great to be reminded to be consciously thankful for at least one thing a day.
Tags: I was tagged by Laura, one of my new Rev3 teammates, to post 21 random facts about me. Here we go!
1. I was vegetarian for 3 years b/c my Dad dared me that I couldn’t go a month without eating a burger. (I’m not vegetarian anymore but I don’t eat a ton of meat, mostly b/c I don’t like to touch raw meat.)
2. I’ve lived on both coasts (Boston, DC, California, Oregon) but never in “the middle.”
3. I used to spend Christmas in Hawaii with my Dad and Grandma.
4. I go to bed really early, my husband makes fun of me. I’m usually in bed by 9:00ish. Sleep is good.
5. All of my close friends in Portland I met through my blog.
6. I cannot function without coffee—all it takes is one cup of bold, black coffee and I’m good to go.
7. I struggle with consumerism. I wish I didn’t like stuff so much.
8. I don’t really remember what my natural hair color looks like anymore. I highlighted my hair for a long time and was blonde for many, many years; my hair is dark now but you never know when I might make a change for blonde again.
9. I’m sometimes a Debbie downer, I wish I was more of a glass half full type of person.
10. I’m an only child. My husband is 1 of 5.
11. I CANNOT STAND mayonnaise, it’s disgusting.
12. I had never mowed a lawn until we bought our house in July 2010.
13. I won’t eat oranges from the grocery store since I grew up with an orange tree in my backyard, store bought oranges taste gross.
14. I’ve known my best-friend for over 20 years! We met in third grade and are still close today.
15. My parents divorced when I was 6 but attended all my dance recitals, sporting events, graduations…together. Even now, we still do Christmas as a family including their new spouses.
16. I love the sun! Living in Oregon can be tough for me.
17. My first date with my husband was a blind date. (I had seen his picture but we had never met.)
18. I love to travel and wish I could do more! I’ve been to Australia, New Zealand, France, Canada, Mexico and Tahiti. High on my desired places to travel is Africa!
19. I struggle with confidence.
20. I’ve never slept in my own bed before any major race, I like destination races.
21. I enjoy cleaning, I find it calming.
Now, I’m supposed to tag 10 people I think. Most the people I would tag have already been tagged but here are a few that I don’t think have been tagged yet. If you have, sorry!
Aimee (awesome IMAZ FINISHER!!!!!!!)