Monday, November 21, 2011

Another week to be thankful

I had such a great week last week.  I got in great workouts, spent time with friends and my wonderful hubby and I MADE THE TEAM!  Just like hearing about my return to running, you are all going to be hearing a lot more about the team! 

I didn’t end up doing anything for NOV-enture this week =(.  I wanted to check out a kickboxing class at the gym since it’s one of the only classes I’ve never tried but the times aren’t that convenient, boo!  This week is a short week at work for me as Mr. Pi and I are headed down to California for Thanksgiving. I’m not looking forward to the LONG drive but I haven’t seen his parents since July and I’m looking forward to seeing them and all the other Pi siblings and kiddos making the trek for Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday BY FAR and I can’t wait to gobble some turkey on Thursday.

Workouts this week were great.  I did 4 runs including two at 4 miles or longer (thanks Jen for run/walking with me on Saturday, can’t wait to do that route again—yay neighborhood running).  Foot is still cooperating and not causing me any pain—hooray!  I also got in a bunch of yoga trying to make the best of my free week (including a yoga + weights class a couple of times which I’ve decided totally counts toward my goal of going back to weights).  I’ll probably curb the yoga back now that I bought a pass and want it to last as long as possible.  I got in one measly swim and sadly no spinning this week.  I am loving not being on a strict training schedule and am enjoying doing workouts when I feel like doing them. 

Anyone have any good suggestions on workouts they love?  I’m still in Nov-enture and am looking for ideas.  Bring it!



Here are my daily thankfulness posts for last week:
Nov. 14 - Today I am thankful for winter meals.  I am a fan of soup and made a tasty gumbo-like meal that I enjoyed for lunch after a cold, windy, wet run.
Nov. 15 - Today I am thankful for morning workout buddies.  I probably wouldn't have gone to weights class if I hadn't had someone I was meeting.
Nov. 16 - Today I am thankful for a quiet evening at home.
Nov. 17 - Today I am thankful for book club and the intellectual discussions that come from the group and the silly tangents we sometimes go down.  I am also incredibly thankful for being given the opportunity to be part of the Rev3 Tri family!
Nov. 18 - Today I am thankful for relaxation.  After another busy week it is always great to find some space to just relax and let go of stress.
Nov. 19 - Today I am thankful for an amazing day spent with my wonderful husband and two of wonderful friends.  There was good food, great conversation and tasty samplings of wine.
Nov. 20 - Today I am thankful for sunshine.  It was a gloriously sunny day!

If you're interested, early bird pricing for Rev3 South Carolina and PORTLAND ends today.