Wednesday, October 19, 2011

12 weeks and 5 days...

No, no, no, I’m not pregnant I went RUNNING. Well, run/walking, for the first time in 12 weeks and 5 days and guess what?!? My foot feels exactly the same as it did yesterday. I can still feel a little twinge of pain sometimes but it’s more of an annoyance than a real hurtful type of pain. I’m following the Pfitz return from stress fracture plan that I got from Kristen (thanks chica!). It starts off with just three days a week of run/walking and in true Pfitz form it ramps up to like 5 days a week with speedwork. I’m not sure how many times I’ll have to repeat the first few weeks or if I’ll even get to the more “advanced” weeks but for now I’m going to follow the plan.


I feel great and I’m so happy that I had a wonderful friend to accompany me as I ran/walked to glory for a whole 25 MINUTES—thanks Jen.


After running we picked up Mr. Pi and checked out a local pool in our neighborhood. It was crowded but eventually the three of us had a lane to ourselves. The pool was really nice but honestly, I don’t think I’ll be doing any long swims there as it was wayyyyyyy to warm for me. I like the pool to feel cold-opposite of how I like my running temperature. I like to run in the warmth and swim in the cold. Honestly, it felt like a spa to me and I felt super sluggish but I got in a measly 1200 yards and called it a day.


I’m also still loving spin class. I’ve been attending on average 3-4 classes a week and loving every sweaty moment. I really need Emily’s shirt that says “I love to sweat” because honestly, there really is no better feeling than walking out of class dripping sweat.


Speaking of dripping sweat, I recently bought a groupon for bikram yoga. I used to go to bikram once a week but I haven’t been in ages. I’m looking forward to yet another sweaty activity!


After spending much of the summer being bummed about not running and DNS’ing a few races I finally feel like I’m on the road to really recovering and getting my run fitness back. It’s going to be a slow road back but I’m committed to taking it slow and recovering properly and not getting reinjured. I’ve got high hopes for 2012 and I’m finally starting to feel like my goals might be attainable.


Yay for Running, Spinning, Swimming and most of all SWEATING!