Thursday, May 26, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1) Tri training has started. I’m feeling good about tri training so far, yes I know it’s only week 1 day 4. I DO need to figure about a better morning routine. Meaning, I actually need to get up! Anyone want to be texting buddies at o’dark thirty? I’m loosely following a plan I found last year but have modified some of the workouts to fit the days I need them to fit. So far, so good.



2) Dailyplate. I am still dailyplating and have started to concentrate less on counting calories and focus my attention more on protein, fat, fiber and sodium. So far, I am down a couple pounds but still much heavier than I’ve been in a long time. Slowly this is changing. I’ve been good about eating fruit for “dessert” which is great b/c I’m finding the more I steer clear of the sweets the less I miss them. Right now I am LOVING kiwis! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-YUM! I can’t wait for the return of the Rainier Cherries. I have always liked cherries but there is NOTHING like a rainier cherry.


3) My foot. Well, I have decided to revamp the “building” plan. There is plenty of the summer left to build up to higher mileage. Right now, I’m focused on running shorter (3-7 miles) and stopping whenever my foot hurts. On Tuesday, I met the girls for Track Tuesday. I walk/ran 3 miles at about a 12:05 pace and then walked another 1.8 miles. For some reason walking really doesn’t hurt. Now that I’m consistently biking and swimming, I figure the running can be scaled back a bit.  I'm going to work on listening to my foot and when it hurts I'm going to stop and walk.