Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A month in pictures…


As I mentioned in my goals post, I am taking a picture a day in May. I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with the photos but I decided that maybe once a week I’d post some of my favorites here. So here is a sampling from the first 10 days of May. So far, I’ve remembered my photo a day.

We spent May 1st at Mr. Pi’s parent’s house, well the morning. This is a photo looking out over their deck. The first time I went to his parent’s house, I made a comment about it feeling like camping. I think it was the combination of the large pine trees and the peace and quiet of the surroundings that made me say that because going to the Senior Pi’s casa is NOT like camping at all---we are always spoiled and it is not roughing it at all. Anyway, this is the view Mr. Pi saw growing up—peaceful ain’t it?




This picture is from May 4th. This picture really doesn’t do this justice. Out on my lunchtime walk I was noticing how much my eyes are drawn to the green leaves on the trees. There is something special about spring green. It is almost refreshing to look at, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I was walking under some gorgeous old tress and looked up at the leaves and this is what I saw (again, does not do it justice).


This picture is from May 5th and no, it’s not a margarita. I was out in the yard admiring all the wonderful blooms and new sproutlings growing in our garden beds. As I was admiring the blueberry bushes I noticed that the blossoms on the blueberry bush actually look like blueberries, except they are white.





This picture is from May 8th during my long run. I was so sure that I was going to get poured on during my run but it stayed mostly sunny for my 9 miles. I ran up to Mt Tabor (which is one of only 3 volcano’s located within city limits in the United States). Mt. Tabor offers some great views of the city and was a runners haven when I was there on Sunday. I wasn’t the only runner who waited until after noon to get their butt out the door for a run. Good things do come to those that wait sometimes =). This shot was taken in between the lower and upper reservoirs on the west side.