Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lots of Randomness

This post is going to be a bit of a mind dump!  First, I'm going to share a photo of the GORGEOUS flowers Mr. Pi had waiting at home for me last Sunday when he came to pick me up.  They have almost all opened and they are sooooo pretty!  I have the best husband ever.  Stargazer lilies are my favorite.  I planted some lily bulbs but I'm not sure how they are going to do.




I was a good girl this week and did exactly what I said I was going to do...rest my foot.  I only ran twice and both times when it started to feel twingy I stopped.  This is hard for me.  I rarely start runs without a goal distance in mind...I usually do whatever I have to do get to that distance but this week I didn't...I stopped short when my foot hurt.  Being injured really is the pits.  I wonder how people can run and run and never get injured.  I wish I was that person---wonder if I'm doing something wrong?! The other annoying thing is that when I'm not running I hardly notice it anymore.  It's like the one thing that I want to do it won't let me do!  Injury preventing tricks anyone?


As I mentioned in my last post, I got back in the open water...brrr!  It actually wasn't too bad.  At least it was sunny out that day.  Going back to the open water means I'm officially back in Tri mode.  I have a sprint coming up in a few short weeks and an olympic at the end of July.  Past that I'm not sure what's in the cards.  My plan is to go back to a balanced plan of 3x3 sports per week.  This means double days are going to be a reality again.  This means, Alisa MUST get out of bed for morning workouts.  I have tried to no avail lately to get out of bed in the morning and it just hasn't happen.  Any tricks for getting out of bed early?


I have been cooking a bit again.  I made a delicious Vietnamese noodle and salad dish last week.  I have some chicken marinating in the fridge right now for a Indian curry pita pocket meal for tomorrow night (no recipe for this one, it is an Alisa experiment).  AND right now the house smells of thai red curry as I have the slow cooker going with a mixture of all sorts of yummy veggies and red curry.  I really like making my own food, I like to know what ingredients are going into the things that I eat--plus, it is rare that the final product isn't tasty!  Any good recipes people want to share?


It's that time of year where the weather is totally schizo and the clouds bother me even MORE than usual.  Growing up in California, I am and will always be a sunshine girl, most of you know this already.  While I have come to really like living in Portland I still HATE the weather and it is the source of much of my negativity about the city (that and those people that go around thwarting popular culture b/c they think it's "cool"--that annoys me...they have created their own culture so their strive to be all unique is totally NOT working).  For example, thursday and friday last week were right around 70 and full of sunshine.  Today, it's very GRAY, dreary, sprinkly and high 50's.  I wish it had been this weather thursday and friday and the sunshine and warmth for the weekend.  Alright enough complaining...it WILL get nice and when it does I'll be basking in it!  I just need to remember it does get nice here for more than one or two days at a time...


This week there is a very special birthday!  My little fur baby-ZOEY-is turning 3!  She will always be a puppy to me though!


My little pup!

My sophisticated lady!

Alright, here's to a week of foot healing, sunshine and getting back into tri-training (and getting up early)!