Sunday, January 30, 2011

End of January 2011

Wow, is January 2011 almost over?  Really?  So, what have I been up to?

I flew down to Sacramento to attend my step sisters baby shower.  Little baby Dominic is arriving in February.  My step mom threw an amazing baby shower.  It was a great weekend.  I got to see some friends and of course my family!  The weather was stellar and I got to enjoy a couple of long walks with my Dad along my favorite path in Sacramento.

Pile o presents at the baby shower
Me and the mom-to-be
Mmmmmm cupcakes with little feet in the middle

In other news, I've been slowly easing back into a routine.  I've been feeling a weird pain on the top of my left foot so I've been taking the running pretty easy--BUT--I've been to the pool, spin class, done weights and BIG GASP, I've also done multiple core workouts!

I still don't have any races on my calendar and while it gives me a bit of anxiety not to have things planned out, it's also a bit refreshing.  The struggle is staying motivated while feeling refreshed!  I'm working on finding a good balance and trying not to over commit myself or get too wrapped up in the planning process--two things that have plagued me in the past.  My number 1 goal for the time being is consistency.  I joined the DailyMile which, so far, is easier to use than Buckeyeoutdoors--if you're on DM look me up.

2011 has started off busy, I guess I'm not that surprised that January is already over =).  Between the goofy challenge and my new job it's been busy.  Goofy challenge as you know was amazing.  The new job...equally as amazing.  It was a great career move for me.  While I miss some things about my old job (mostly my co-workers and other friends I would see at work you know who you are) the new job in great.  I'm busier than I ever have been before and my mental capacity on most days is stretched to the max BUT that is what is so great---I love the intellectual challenge.  I'm still getting used to the new schedule (which is less flexible than my old job) and the new company culture but everything else is going well.

I haven't posted much about the house lately, mostly because the projects we have left to do are summer projects or yardwork (also more of a spring/summer activity).  However, I was out in the backyard the other day and saw SPROUTLINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sproutlings from the bulbs that Mr. Pi and I planted a few months back.


Pretty sure these are both tulips but we've planted tulips and daffodils!

Well, that pretty much catches you all (whatever readers I have left) up.  I haven't been commenting on blogs much lately (gmail is blocked at work and anyone that's tried to comment from a smartphone knows it's not the easiest thing) but I'm still reading about all of your lives.  I relate to so many of you and am so happy to have found this wonderful online community--I just wish I had more time to devote to it.