Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010 + Goofy Recap

So much to recap.  Honestly, with the new job and the holidays I haven’t had a lot of energy (or time) to update the good ol blog.

Christmas
Christmas was a blast, the Pi family was spoiled once again.  I didn't take very many pictures but here are a couple from Christmas morning with Mr. Pi's family.
Tree with a pile of presents

Christmas chaos



Running/Goofy Training
After my horrible bout with food poisoning it took a little bit to bounce back.  Before the food poisoning I was also starting to feel some twinge pains in my IT band/knee and also a bit of burnout.  I rallied and got in a wonderful 18 miler, with negative splits even, down in sunny CA.  The American River bike trail is one of my all time favorite places to run, maybe it’s because when I run there I know I’m home or maybe it’s because I always see fun creatures (foxes, bunnies, jack rabbits, deer, snakes) either way I really love running (and riding) on the bike trail.

My “race” and I use the term “race” very loosely, is now a week and couple of days away.  I wouldn’t say this has been my best training cycle but not my worst either.  If I can just stave off the inklings of the cold I’ve been feeling I think I’ll be a-okay.  I’m really looking forward to the half marathon.  Not only because it’s a half, which I’ve decided is my favorite running distance, but also because I’ll be running with my sister-in-law K.  I’m so very proud of her!  We are already talking about our next half together, we are thinking of running Avenue of the Vines in May---which would be a special race for me since that was my very first half marathon back in 2007.

I never hit my 40 mile goal for this training cycle but I did get close.  My peak mileage was a few weeks backs with 36 miles.  In general, I ran more miles per week than I have in training cycles past but I did less speedwork.  Since my goal for Goofy is to just finish both runs, running the miles is really all that mattered in training.  While I think it’s going to be a very tough weekend of running, I think it’s totally within my capability to finish.