I was going to say 3 Things Thursday but I think it's going to be more like 6 things Thursday.
1. Last night was a bit of a cluster as I had to run a couple of errands for work and got stuck in horrendous traffic. The weather was terrible, it was hailing and pouring rain, which caused a couple of accidents on the roads further backing up traffic. At this point, the running gods were really telling me not to do my track workout. Instead of calling it a day with my awesome morning swim, I headed to the treadmill and busted out the best speed workout I've had in a really long time.
1 mi warmup 6 x .25 (.10 recovery) 1 mi cooldown. I did the first 3 .25's at 9:30 pace and the last 3 at 9:10ish. It was awesome!
2. Tonight is Girls on the Run. I'm both excited and a little nervous.
3. This weekend is the Eugene marathon that I'll be once again spectating. I am so excited! I love spectating. One of my signs even made the internet (thanks Maritza for sending me this link)--check out #11: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/30-awesome-marathon-spectator-signs/ I have to figure out where I plan to be on the course. Probably similar spots to last year. For those running Eugene I'll be sending an email with a rough idea of where I'll be located.
4. A co-worker yesterday told me my arms look buff and my husband said I felt solid. Guess all this tri training and healthy eating is paying off.
5. Sweet potatoes are delicious. I just really love them. I made a baked one last night and can't wait to eat the other half at lunch today. I don't like the orange kind only the white ones. Mmmmmmmmm!
6. I have re-discovered Pandora. I don't usually listen to music at work but I created a new "mellow" station that I have been really digging lately. Lots of Norah Jones and a bunch of mellow people I've never heard of but am liking--it's helping to keep me calm through what has been storm after storm at work lately.