Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Feeling Stressed

The past couple of weeks I’ve been feeling really stressed. Part of it is work stress and part of it is being in Week 6 of HIM training and feeling the “am I doing enough” BS that we all ask ourselves at some point in our training cycles. Well, maybe not everyone, I don’t think Mr. Pi has ever thought this about training.

I know I’m following my plan pretty closely, I’ve skipped a few things here and there and have dropped my running mileage to avoid further running burnout BUT for the most part completing the key workouts--why am I still freaking out?

To compensate I’ve been psyching myself out of workouts (i.e. NOT getting up in the morning for weights and this morning swimming, which now I have to make up after work along with my ride and brick run) and SNACKING. Oh holy snacking. A wise-woman said to me the other day, “food is supposed to make you healthier and if you eat bad it will catch up to you! And not even necessarily in outward appearance. Your body and training and everything will thank you if you eat healthier.” Thank you everything tri-related Guru---so true. So, I am now on day two of "the healthy eating train" and I do feel better. I can tell I haven’t been eating healthy because I’m craving sugar---that usually only happens when I’ve been over eating sugar and now denying those overloaded amounts. Anyway, baby steps (hopefully in the opposite direction of the candy dish).  So far, so good.

I think I’m doing enough but I’m feeling a bit of a plateau with my workouts. I had that one awesome week of 11+ hours and then I got sick and I haven’t been able to find that groove again. Blah. Rant OVER.

In other news, I’ve signed up for Girls on the Run. I’m really excited about meeting my running buddy, I meet her next week. The time commitment isn't much and I thought it might motivate my running.  Anyone done this program and have stories to share?