Friday, March 5, 2010

March

First week of March is almost over---March, really?!?! The sun is setting later and rising earlier, flowers are blooming, I have to say I love this spring thing. I know there are going to be many, many, many more rainy days ahead but I’ll take the inklings of spring I’ve seen.

I was reading CJ and he posted his February totals, it made me really curious about my February totals. I felt like I had a good month and the numbers show a decent month for sure.

Swim Total: 13,365 yds (i.e. approx 7.59 miles)
Bike Total: 102 miles (Many of these miles were on the trainer and since my cadence sensor is spotty, I tend to guestimate mileage on the trainer but if anything, I probably underestimate total mileage.)
Run Total: 80.15 miles (Not bad)
5.5 hours of strength training

I’d say that’s a pretty good start to base tri training. Here I am almost one week away from official Barb’s race training. I start officially on March 15th. I told myself this week and next week I’m going to take it somewhat easy and fit in as many “other” classes/activities as I can since I know I won’t have a lot of time for extras come April.

That said, last night I went to Zumba with Jen and my other friend B and we stayed for yoga too. After yoga, I definitely realized how inflexible I’ve become. I’ve never been a huge yogi but I’ve gone through phases of being into it and when I was younger I did a lot of dance classes so I was pretty flexible. Over the years, my flexibility has decreased dramatically. As much as I can, I’d really like to add in short yoga sessions, even if it’s only 15 minutes, that’s better than nothing right?!?

I’ve been a little at a loss of things to say on the blog, therefore posting is few and far between. It’s funny, sometimes I have so much to say and other times nothing! I’m almost at post number 200, so I’ll do something special for that occasion. In the meantime, any themes people want to hear about, let me know.