Sunday, February 28, 2010

Monday, Monday

One great thing about Monday--I don't have to worry about when I'm going to fit in a workout as Monday is rest day.

Running mojo returned Sunday--hooray! The group started out on the Springwater path and there was a mini crisis---hopefully she'll tell the story in her words. I was glad I had my shuffle so I could crank up my tunes. Unfortunately for me I put the tunes on and realized that crap, my computer only loaded 3 songs! That's right, I had almost 2 hours of running with only 3 songs. Needless to say I don't want to hear those three songs for a good long while. The whole run my legs felt good. Wish I had taken pictures, it was sunny and warm. I took my arm sleeves off about half way through and was running in a tank top and capris--it was lovely. Ended the run 10.5 miles/1:57/11:08 avg---I'll take it!

Thursday's weights class made me so sore that I took Friday completely off. By Saturday, I was still super sore (especially my butt from all the squats and lunges) but I still got on my bike and rode 25 miles! It was a nice ride, warmish, it was the first time in a long time that I wasn't cold during my whole ride. I also rode faster than the 25 miles I did the weekend before. 25 mi/2:02/15 MPH


I have some fun runs coming up this week, hopefully my running mojo will be back for good after this week! Two weeks before I start my official Barb's race training. I feel like I have a good base going into training but I'm also scared about fitting everything in.

All in all, I ended February with more running miles than January so I'm on track for that mini goal.


Hope everyone had a great weekend.