Monday, September 7, 2009

Long Labor Day Weekend

I have several pictures from my long labor day weekend so I’ll keep the re-cap short. Wednesday, I had a good spin class with Jen and an awesome brick run post-spin. Had to skip my swim since there was a line to get into the pool and I had a meeting to get to by 7pm. Wednesday night I picked up my Mom for a weekend of fun.

Thursday we got up early and headed toward the coast. We started with a hike in Oswald State Park. It was chilly, foggy and even a little rainy but the hike was still great. Here are a few pictures:





After the hike we headed up the coast to Cannon Beach for lunch. There is a little place Mr. Pi and I discovered with the world’s best brownies so, of course, we had to get one of those!




After lunch and a stroll on the beach we went drove down the coast to Tillamook for CHEESE!

Friday morning, I managed to drag myself out of bed to meet JM and the Gazelle for a run. They went 18, I went 12. It was a good long run! On the way to the run I saw this:

Mom and I had a great breakfast at Gravy post-run. So far, best hot chocolate in town. The portions were huge, I wish I'd taken a picture but I think I was too hungry to pause for a picture.

The rest of Friday Mom and I shopped up and down NW 23rd.

Saturday, I had the best intentions of getting up for an early swim but I was wayyyy too tired. We slept in and went for coffee instead. The plan was to go to Hood River but the weather didn't really cooperate. Instead we hit the outlets in Woodburn. I even started my Xmas shopping (yay)!

Saturday night we decided to hit the town for a nice dinner out. My dinner was AMAZING. Mmmmmmmmmm...
Sunday, I ran a quick 5k and did 20 minutes on the spin bike, while my Mom walked on the treadmill. Again, the weather wasn't the best for traveling to the Gorge so we stayed in and did chores. Not the most exciting but definitely useful. I love that my Mom helped me with my laundry, it was great! (Other than the power going out at the laundry mat. My stuff was mostly dry, thank goodness.)

Sunday night we curled up on the couch with some yummy take out and watched an old classic, a movie my Mom taped for me when I was about 6. It was great!

This morning we woke up to a few clouds but also some sunshine! We walked to breakfast and I treated my Mom to a birthday breakfast cinnamon bun french toast---YUMMY! Then, it was off the airport for Mom.

I met up with her and we did an awesome 6 mile run. I got to hear more about her fab wedding and see her super cute pup! Have I mentioned I love running friends?!?!

I had a great few days off and I'm not really looking forward to going back to work but c'est la vie, right?

21 comments:

  1. I'm not looking forward to going back to work either! Sounds like an awesome weekend-with GREAT weather...or at least I think the cool and fog is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice weekend! I love that you, your mom, and Zoey got in some nice girl time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend! I love brownies and cheese too. Yum. I love how pensive your pup is looking out at the sea...cute!

    Where did you go to dinner on Saturday? Food looks yum. I am also jealous of the long run brunch as I have NOT been treating myself properly post-run. No fair!

    Look fwd to see you on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Reading all of this just makes me want to come back sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos. Great weekend!!
    I'm not looking forward to returning to work either. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect weekend. Those pics from your hike are amazing. Way to get lots of workouts in too. That can be hard to do when you are on vacay or have family in town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics! You and your mom are so cute. Way to make the most of the weather and way to get a few good workouts in too!

    That rainbow on Friday morning was gorgeous! What a way to start a weekend. :)

    See you Weds! I have a little info for you- I stopped in the Dalles on my way back from MT and scoped out the tri swim area and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm not looking forward to actually doing work again today either. boo. fog rules, looks like a fantastic hike! you guys live in a really cool part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Cannon Beach and Tilamook!! Makes me want to be there. Super cute beach photos, you are ADORABLE.

    The food photos are making me HUNGRY. Brownies, yes please :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great weekend of working out and delish food! Success!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I just love the pics!! I always get so inspired to travel when I read about your great runs and weekends

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gravy is very likely the best portland breakfast place. So bad for you it's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a great weekend!
    Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a great weekend! I am a huge brownie fan (corner pieces) and after seeing that pic I am totally craving one.

    See you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great weekend - and your clothes make it look very cold! I'm shivering just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh looks like SUCH a fun weekend with your mom!!! great job on all the workouts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww, it looks like you had a great time with your mom. does zooey swim?
    i can't believe i haven't been to the cheese factory yet, especially considering my obsession with the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mom is adorable. So young too!! Sounds like you guys had a GREAT weekend together!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. just giving you a high five, found you from tall mom on the run. i am doing the danskin sprint tri this sudnay..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Saw your blog on Tall Mom Running and wanted to give you a high five! Great pics! awesome blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that photo of you and Zoey on the beach!!

    ReplyDelete