Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back to the burn

Last night I had to miss spin due to a work meeting but I did end up with a good ride after work. I left work promptly after my meeting to ride with a friend. Every time I ride with her we have some sort of mechanical issue, it’s usually related to pumping up the tires. Yesterday was no different. It was kinda like one of those “how many blonde's does it take…” moments. Eventually we figured out how to successfully pump up her tires but after 30-40 minutes of floundering I decided my slightly low tires were just fine. We had planned to go 20 miles but we knew we wouldn’t make it before it got dark so we headed out to ride a fastest ride to get in a few miles before the sun went down. Garmin quit about 4 miles in but we estimate we went about 12ish miles and we guesstimate we were out on the road for about 45 minutes. This equates to a damn fast ride for Alisa! I was tired and breathing heavier than usual but I could have kept going. I can’t wait to see what my leggies can do when I get a road bike. It was a nice ride, not too crowded, though we did run into this group (only in Portland would you encounter a group of NAKED riders, that’s right NAKED—for those not wanting to click the link). All in all, a good workout for the day.

This morning, I got up early and met a friend for spin class. I have been swimming then spinning on Thursday’s but I just did spin this morning. It was an instructor I didn’t know so I had no clue what to expect. She was a little dry, as in, not a lot of visualization mostly instructions (more on, out of the saddle, etc) but her class had me sweating within the first 15 minutes—always a good sign.

Now I’m sitting at my desk, enjoying a lovely cup of pumpkin deliciousness otherwise known as pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. YUM!

Too bad mine doesn't actually have this cool pumpkin on it!


I’ve been thinking a lot about the next few months and will be announcing some exciting stuff in the next week or so.