Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Solo Gal Day 6

First, thanks everyone for the book recommendations! I’ll be looking through the suggestions and picking out a few. I’m confident that I can get in 8 more books this year, especially with my Hawaii trip—lots of travel time.

My weekend in review. With Mr. Pi out of town I was solo gal this weekend. Friday night I did NOTHING, sat on the couch and watched Buffy! Saturday, I had the greatest of intentions to go for a long bike ride, instead I took the doggie for a 4.5 walk/run (mostly walk) on some trails near my place that I’ve been meaning to check out. Here are a couple of photos:

Audrey said they look very “Twilight-esque.” It was a pretty trail though, mostly straight down and straight up, hence, the mostly walking instead of run/walking. Zoey was in heaven and it was fun to finally explore those trails. The rest of Saturday was spent cleaning the apt, baking banana-oatmeal muffins and you guessed it, watching BUFFY!

Sunday, I woke up at 6:00 am, checked my email to see if my run with JM was still on for 7:30 am. It wasn’t. I went back to sleep for another 45 minutes and then dragged myself out of bed to run alone. Without JM I knew the run was going to be a slog. My route was straight through holy hills land. Don’t get me wrong, I love my new neighborhood BUT it is HILLY! The run was long and slow but I finished! 10 miles/1:58/11:48 AP

I came home, showered, took the doggie for a long walk and hit the town to shop! I found a wool BCBG coat at Nordstrom's Rack for $9.97, I'd say that's a good find.

Monday was uneventful, I took it as a rest day. I did my second swimming lesson with The Gazelle and already her stroke has improved! I love teaching and I’m so happy that I can do something to help. The best thing about Monday was that I finally got to talk to Mr. Pi. He’s been in the woods backpacking so we haven’t been able to talk on the phone. It was great to hear his voice and hear about his trip. I think Zoey missed his voice too since this is what she was doing while I was on the phone…precious!


Busy couple of days at work. I couldn't drag my booty out of bed this morning, no surprise there especially since I have the world's cutest doggie who snuggles. (ChicRunner, wanna start sending each other drill sergeant texts in the morning?) I have a work dinner tonight but I'm hoping it doesn't go too late and I can get home to fit in a short run, we shall see.