Wednesday, June 24, 2009

News

It's official, I finally picked one! I took the plunge and I'm officially registered for:
I'll be trying a Tri in 5 weeks! Along with this girl and these girls. Since it's an all-women's event, I'm hoping Mr. S Pi will be there to be our cheerleader.

I'm excited but quite honestly, pretty scared! I know I can do all three legs of the thing but all together that's another story. I've touted my love for the pool and have been putting in some yardage in the pool, definitely need to ramp up my speed sets in the pool again. I've done marathons so I think I can handle the 5k, though, I haven't done a 5k in 2 years and I'm not a fast runner. The leg I'm most freaked out by is the BIKE! I love spinning but I also know I'm not going to fall off the spin bike (or hopefully not). I'm not all that comfortable on the bike out on the road, need to work on that! Especially getting used to having other people right next to me.

In the next 5 weeks I'm going to swim, bike and run my little heart out (doing whatever I want on any given day, I'm not abandoning going rogue). I'm also going to learn all I can from the Tri blogs I've recently found and from my good friend and Tri GURU Jen!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, Mr. S Pi and I had a great anniversary dinner last night at this little Italian restaurant next to our new place. It only took one Holy Hill to get there =). We also continued our tradition of opening a bottle of our wedding wine. It has aged nicely and was DELICIOUS! Sadly, we didn't take any photos!

Going rogue is still going well. I've gotten a couple of great workouts in this week already. I was planning to spin/run this morning but decided to sleep in after our celebratory night.

Happy Hump Day peeps!