Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Recipe Wednesday: Smoothie Mania

Track Tuesday was a bit of a disaster last night. I haven't officially plugged in Geoff to get my splits but I think my first 3 800's rocked! When I glanced down I was running at an 8:16 which is right in the range of where I wanted to be. However, my piriformis really started to bother me on the 4th 800 and I had to stop halfway through to stretch it out. I did attempt the 400's, I only did 2, haven't a clue about my pace. In total Geoff reports: 6.7 miles at 10:34 pace, that includes my slow warmup and cooldown mileage.
15-20 min of yoga this morning really helped the butt. I plan on more yoga tomorrow, maybe a run, maybe some Xtraining (since I suck at XTraining lately). Weather is cooler (and gray today, sad) but the forecast doesn't indicate rain for the next few days...this means, I will probably do my long run Friday morning before heading out to WA for the wedding.

Sleep update: Bed before 9 pm Monday and Tuesday night, feeling fab-u-lous!
Okay...time for...Recipe Wednesday!

I've been experimenting with lots of smoothie concoctions lately. I jumped on the green smoothie train for a bit and still enjoy them but I'm not a die hard convert (like some people). In RW they had a recipe for a coffee smoothie, it sounded delicious and inspired me to think about my favorite foods and their smoothie-worthyness. First things to come to mind CHOCOLATE and PEANUT BUTTER!

Here's my choco-soy-PB-Banana smoothie recipe:

Makes: 1 pint glass (plus an extra 1/4 cupish)


1 cup Chocolate Soy Milk
1 heaping tbsp PB (I use all natural but any will do)
1 small banana (not pictured b/c I think banana peels are gross)
Lots of ice (this will determine consistency and amount)
Throw everything into a blender and blend.
Review: 5 stars!
This is the best treat smoothie that is semi-healthy I've ever had! It's chocolately and peanut buttery but also has a hint of banana. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm! If you don't care for soy milk, you could just whip up some chocolate milk by mixing milk and hershey's syrup. To make it healthier, you could use light choco soy milk or use non-fat milk and sugar-free syrup. My one trick is to put the banana in first and dribble the PB over the banana so the PB doesn't stick to the sides of the blender. This ensures maximum PB taste.

ENJOY!