Friday, March 6, 2009

On the Mend...TGIF!!!!

Well, I happy to report that Operation Flu-B-Gone was mostly successful! I am definitely on the mend. I have a bit of a head cold now, boo, but it’s pretty mild.

I took Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off. This means I missed my first run of SD training on Tuesday! However, I did get in a pretty good 7 miler last night. (2 Warm-up Miles at 10:42, 3 tempo miles 10:00, 10:10, 9:52, 2 Cool-down at 11:15) The last two miles were tough my legs were heavy and I was tired. Managed to only take one short break during mile 3 to sip some water and change the TV channel. I can’t stand it when the TV is on and someone is CLEARLY watching something and some mo fo comes along and changes it without asking, works out for 15 minutes and leaves without changing it back, or even asking if you want the remote.

Post-run I did a pre-SBSD ab workout, Chic Runners 200 sit-ups! (SBSD = sport bras in San Diego) Wowza, I’m a bit sore today. I thought it wouldn’t be a big deal but I was surely feelin’ the burn after about 100. Starting Monday, I (along with a few others) will be doing 200 sit-ups or the LoLo workout from RW every day until the San Diego marathon. Yikes, what was I thinking…oh yah, I’m on a quest to get abs like her:

Tomorrow, I’m hoping to hop in the pool for a quick swim and Sunday I have 12 on the schedule at PMP +40 secs, so hoping to stay under 11:40 (PMP = planned marathon pace = 10:45/11:00).

Happy Friday!