Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Doctor Says...

Beginning stages of bronchitis! The plus side is that I went in early and now know what I am dealing with. Also on the plus side, I got drugs! Doc says I should be feeling much better in 24 hours, though he did say that the drugs may make me tired and a bit loopy (fun times tonight). Bad side is that bronchitis doesn't usually go away very fast and since it is a chest issue, breathing can sometimes be laborious. However, the doc didn't say, "don't run the marathon." He said, "It's up to you whether you want to put that much stress on your body." He basically cautioned against running but said he didn't want to tell me to run or not run. I'm hoping wonder drugs cure me in the next two days and make all my worries go away. (What the drugs won't do is heal my knee OR heal my strained stomach muscles...BUT...that's what ibuprofen is for I guess.)

Here's to downing lots of water, Vitamin C and wonder drugs! I'm still holding out to make a decision about Sunday until probably Saturday night. (I have to say, I am leaning toward the half marathon, sorry Evan. Mostly b/c I don't want to stress my body too much, especially knowing that I'm already signed up for San Diego, this won't be my last opportunity.) I'll continue to keep you posted...since I know everyone wants to know about my sickness =).