Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Arctic Blast 2008 Continues

It has been an eventful week so far and it's only Wednesday.

Monday night there was a blogger/runner meet up at BluHour (which is an amazing restaurant). The roads weren't nearly as treacherous as all the news channels made them out to be. It was pretty funny to see all the Prius's with chains on and no snow on the ground! If you go to her blog, there are pictures of the night. It was a great meet up with: Gazelle's, If you can't beat them, Running Stories, Junk Miles, Rocket Shoes and two non-blogger runners. It will definitely become more of a regular thing!

Tuesday, was dang cold but beautifully sunny! No workout to speak of though. By the time I got home from work, I was too tired to go anywhere and it was pretty late. (I got stuck behind numerous folks going 25 mph on the freeway with chains on, again--no snow on the freeway!)

Today, arctic blast 2008 continued. I woke up this morning around 6:30am and looked out the window. If it was snowing I was going to work from home. It was snowing. So, I'm working from home today. I've called in a couple times (my boss and co-worker) are both at the office. It sounds like the weather out in my neck of the woods is a lot worse than in downtown Portland. We have about 2 inches or so of snow on the ground and it doesn't look like temps are warming like the weather people thought. It's beautifully calm and peaceful looking outside. We even got a chance to take Zoey for a walk in her new vest. (While I normally think clothes on dogs is a little mean, I felt like such a better dog mom today than I did on Sunday. On Sunday, all the smaller dogs had sweaters and poor Zoey only had her booties. Today she was well prepared for the snow!) Here are some pictures from our walk:

I was hoping to hit the treadmill this afternoon but my knee is feeling a little sore. I'm feeling like a bit of a bump on a log this week BUT I'm really trying to rest that knee to see if I can actually do the full marathon in January.
Might hit the treadmill in a couple of hours...might do yoga...likely will sit and watch the snow fall.