Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You can call me speedy Alisa (well...not really...maybe someday)

Just got in from my first speedwork drill (in a very long time) and well...I went for speed and ended up faster than normal but not really speedy (YET).

10 min @ 11:06
2 min 8:30 (turned into 30 sec at 8:30, 1.5 min at 9:00), 1 min slow jog/walk (turned into walk slow)...

...and so it went for another 6 intervals and a 10 min cool-down (which was mostly walking). It was a great change of pace but I am BEAT! However, I think I'm going to work in speed drills at least once a week. Hopefully, I'll be able to make my base/comfy pace a bit faster by adding in the drills.

Thanks to everyone that has commented on my posts so far...I really appreciate the encouragement. I wasn't sure how I would feel about blogging especially if I thought no one was reading (except Justin). I'm really enjoying having a space to get my thoughts "on paper" so-to-speak.

Goals for the rest of the week:

1. Go to Thursday weights class (maybe do some cardio after since I have a meeting at 9am and I don't need to go to the office beforehand)

2. Get in a Yoga session this week! I have been slacking with the Yoga (I always did Yoga after my long runs as part of my "rest" day.) I feel like my flexibility is going to pot.

3. Get in a long(er) run this weekend. Haven't really done a run over 6 miles since the marathon. Maybe an 8-miler this weekend.