Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Post #1

I've been contemplating how to start this inaugural post, should I start with a joke or something more serious? I decided instead to just start...so here it goes. I'm Alisa (pronounced uh-lease-uh, I always spell it out now since throughout my life it’s been pronounced a million different ways), a 25 year old native Californian living in dreary, rainy Portland, OR (can you tell I miss CA??). I've also lived in DC and Boston. I started this blog so I'd have a place to catalogue my training and the milestones of my life.

As for training, I’ve always been athletic. As a kid I tried almost every sport, throughout high school and college I played water polo. Once I stopped playing team sports I started running races, always pushing myself to go faster and farther. Sadly, I’ve never been, nor will I ever be, fast but I have gone far…26.2 miles far. I recently finished my first marathon with my wonderful husband Justin (who I’m sure you’ll hear lots about). As the title of this blog suggests I have many ambitious aspirations (like to run my next marathon 30 minutes faster and to come back to SD next year about break 5 hours). I hope you’ll follow me as I journey to achieve my goals in training and in life.